How To Make The BEST Chicken Gravy Mix
Good chicken stock makes a huge difference with this gravy. I did add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the roux along with some white pepper. Then proceeded as directed….taste tasted and added a bit more. This gravy mix is so adaptable you can add anything to get your desired taste!
Chicken Gravy Mix
- 1 1/3 c. nonfat dry milk
- 3/4 c. flour
- 3 tbsp. chicken boullion granules
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- OR. poultry mix (no fun in that though)
- How to make the dry mix:
- Gather all ingredients and mix together.
- Store mix in an airtight container. (I like quart sized mason jars)
- How to make the gravy from the mix:
- Melt 2 tbsp. of your favorite butter in a small saucepan. (add 1/2 tbsp. more if you want it creamier)
- Add 1/2 cup. mix with 1 cup milk or water. (use milk if you want it thick and creamy, water if you want it thinner and lighter)
- Use a whisk and stir really well.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and then turn heat down and simmer until gravy thickens. (if the gravy is too thick, add more liquid while simmering)
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our recipe. If you make it be sure to let us know back over on our Facebook page, or send us a PM.