If you’re having a brownie craving and want a quick and easy recipe, I highly recommend trying the Friendship Brownie recipe below. This is by far my favorite brownie recipe. I have made numerous other brownie recipes, including one from the usually good Mrs. Field’s Cookie Book, but none of them compare to this recipe. If you love Chocolate as much as I do, you’ve got to try this recipe.
1 Cup plus 2 Tbps flour
2/3 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Tsp salt
2/3 Cup sugar
1 Tsp baking powder
1/3 Cup baking cocoa
1/2 Cup Ghirardelli chocolate chips (I add 1 Cup )
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
2/3 Cup vegetable oil
1 Tsp Vanilla
To Prepare Brownies: In a bowl, beat eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and stir well. Spread into a greased 9″ square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 34-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe makes 16 super-chocolatey brownies!!!
As the name states, Friendship Brownies also make a great gift for your friends.
To make a Friendship Brownie gift, simply do the following:
1. Layer the dry ingredients only from the recipe above into a 1-quart glass jar.
2. Close the jar with a tight-fitting lid.
3. Type the recipe above on a decorative recipe card.
4. Punch a hole in the upper-left corner of the recipe card and thread a pretty ribbon or yard through it for tying around the neck of the jar.
5. Add a bow on the jar lid for additional decoration (optional).
LESSON LEARNED: Life’s too short. Make brownies!