Continually coming up with family dinner ideas can be a challenging task for even the most chef-inclined household cook. So here is a new family dinner idea – using real restaurant recipes. Everyone in your family loves when you go out to eat, but that can a time-consuming, expensive hassle. The next time you need a family dinner idea, use real restaurant recipes to impress your kids, your spouse, or whoever! There are literally hundreds of real restaurant recipes and copycat restaurant recipes floating around the Internet (though not all correct).
The following copycat restaurant recipe for PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps is similar to those you would find in a real restaurant recipes cookbook and is perfect for family dinner ideas. If this specific copycat restaurant recipe does not suit your style, spend time looking for more real restaurant recipes that will save you time and impress your family and friends.
PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients: Iceberg lettuce leaves, 8 Shitake mushrooms, 2 teaspoons water, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon corn starch, 2 teaspoons cooking sherry, salt, pepper, 1 1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts (chopped), 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon ginger, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 chopped green onions, 8 oz can bamboo shoots, 8 oz can water chestnuts, 2 small dried chilies, 1 package Chinese rice noodles
Ingredients for sauce: 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon cooking sherry, 1 tablespoon hoi sin sauce, 2 teaspoons corn starch, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Pour boiling water over dried mushrooms and soak for 30 minutes before draining.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients to create sauce
3. Mix together chicken, salt, pepper, water, sherry, soy sauce, corn starch until chicken is coated.
4. Heat in large skillet over medium/high heat and add 3 tablespoons of oil and fry for three minutes. Remove Chicken.
5. Add 2 more tablespoons of oil. Add ginger, garlic, green onions, and chilies and fry for 60 seconds. Do Not Overcook. Add the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Return chicken to skillet and combine all ingredients. Add rice noodles (broken into pieces) into mixture.
7. Add the chicken and sauce mixture to your lettuce wraps! (You may secure with a toothpick if necessary)
Hundreds of copycat restaurant recipes and real restaurant recipes similar to this one can be found in a number of places and for all of your favorite restaurants including PF Chang’s, Chili’s, Outback, Applebee’s, The Olive Garden, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and many more. These real restaurant recipes make for fantastic family dinner ideas whether you use them exactly as instructed or to create dinner ideas of your own. There are a few copycat restaurant recipes floating around the Internet, but if you like the recipe above your best bet is to find a real restaurant recipe cook book. These books provide all your favorite recipes and are conveniently gathered and organized rather than searching all over the Internet for a single recipe. So what are you waiting for? Make your next family dinner idea a great idea!