Cream of pumpkin soup is my favorite fall dish to warm me up after a day working outside. Actually, scrap that, this is my favorite soup no matter what time of the year it is. This soup is really easy to make and tastes so delicious that you won’t buy store bought soup ever again!
- 1 lb of of fresh pumpkin
- 4 ounces of button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the onion and scallion. Clean the mushrooms and cut them into large pieces, removing stems. Cut pumpkin into small cubes.
- In a saute pan, place 2 tbl spoons olive oil, chopped onion and scallion and saute over low heat. When the onion is golden, place in the pumpkin and saute using a wooden spoon to turn.
- Add in cream and 1 cup of warm water along with one bouillon cube (crumbled). Add a pinch of salt and cook for 25 minutes.
- In another saute pan, place 1 tbl spoon of olive oil and place in the mushrooms. Add in chopped parsley and pine nuts. Saute until water from mushrooms is almost evaporated.
- When the pumpkin is tender, remove from heat and when warm (not too hot) place in food processor or potato masher to make a creamy mixture. (If you like your soup steaming hot, place in soup pan for a few minutes till just boiling).
- Place in bowl and add in mushrooms, stir.
- Place in individual serving dishes and serve.
- Grate some fresh black pepper on top and enjoy!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 564g|
|Calories from Fat 629||81%|
|Total Fat 71.75g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 20.54g||82%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Total Carbs 33.06g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|